Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Here we go! A new year and nothing but the sound of everyone's new year's resolutions flittering through the air.  That's where the resolutions start... in the air. Many of them will stay... in the air.  But hopefully the majority of people can get them to hit the ground running. (Get it? Running?? It's a RUN blog?! Haha.)

Well, since I'm 115 lbs, I certainly won't be pledging to drop any weight.  I'm pleased by social media's encouragement of healthier-lifestyle resolutions, which can be see seen splattered across nearly every news magazine at the checkout line.  Seems like everyone's set to lose a couple of pounds (Jack Black's shooting for 50! What would a skinny Jack Black even look like??)  I personally believe that resolutions should be natural, they shouldn't be forced. I shouldn't have to sit down and make a list of things that I will resolve to do. Honestly? What do I want to accomplish in 2011? I want to save x amount of money (and I've set up the budget plan to do it!) and I want to run a marathon in under 3:45.  Wow, when I put it in that perspective, the saving money looks really easy.

I did 3.5 miles at Run Club on Thursday, and another 3.5 on Monday night.  I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things. Tomorrow I'm doing a 15 mile bike and hopefully I can bang out a 7 miler on Monday.  I'm registered for the ING Miami Half Marathon on January 30th (whoop!). Wow, that date's creeping up pretty quickly. My two runs last week went well. I'm obviously not pushing myself, with a 7 mile total in 5 days without core or other cardio workouts, but as I've said from the beginning, what fun would it be if I was killing myself? I've also been fighting the cough-of-death cold all week. Things will pick up quickly; it's baby steps for now.

Wish me luck tmw!

No comments:

Post a Comment