Thursday, January 27, 2011

Almost There and Unprepared

Here we are. Three days before race day and I couldn't possibly feel any less prepared.  I haven't run since Sunday and even that seven miles was a struggle. My body just feels so ... heavy. I think it has everything to do with my diet, honestly. I should have been piling my plate with veggies and protein last week, yet my body seemed magnetically pulled towards every single fast-food drive thru in the county. Major fail.

Last night I played my first soccer game in two years(!) and made myself a fruit salad when I came back home. That was a nice break from running and it felt good to eat something besides those irresistible Celeste mini-pizzas before I went to bed. (What is it about exercising that makes me think I can eat whatever I want??) Hopefully I'll keep it up. The fridge is full of multi-colored vegetables: green spinach, ripe, red tomatoes, orange, green, red peppers, all screaming to be consumed. I dragged my melon bowl and mini-orange juice carton into work for breakfast. So far, so good.

I'll try to run seven again tonight then cool it until race day. I have to make better time than 2:03:00. It'll take a wing and a prayer to do that.

BE UNSTOPPABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment